Jul 27, 2009

Vanessa Hudgens "I Don't Get Scared Living Alone"

Vanessa Hudgens has admitted that she leaves the TV on at night so she can't hear scary noises.

The 20-year-old singer and actress moved out of her family home a few months ago to live alone, and was surprised at how brave she had been about living in an empty house.

"I thought I'd be the person who, every time I hear a little noise, would hide under my bed. But I've fallen in love with my home," she told Parade magazine. "When I'm in there, I feel safe."

"I don't think I've gotten scared once - knock on wood - in my house by myself. Then again, I do sleep with the TV on so that I don't hear all the little clinks and clanks at night!"

And despite only living 10 minutes away from her family, Vanessa is adamant that she should do all of her own washing and cleaning in order to be independent.

"It's nice to be spoiled," Vanessa admitted. "But I want to be able to know that I can do it."

Hudgens is currently promoting her newest movie Bandslam, which hits the big screen next month.